Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


Well I suppose since it is Thanksgiving that I should list a few things I am thankful for. I am thankful that eleven years ago to the day we were blessed with a child. I can not believe it has been that long. I am also thankful that in the last eleven years we have been blessed with four more children. It is hard to imagine life without any of them. I find myself wondering what I ever did before them came to our family. I am so grateful to be a mother and wife. I am so grateful for a husband who works hard for our family, in all aspects of life. I am grateful for turkey, potatoes, pumpkin pie. I am grateful for relatives, all of them. I am grateful for blogs, because it is the only scrap booking I am getting done. I am grateful for eternal truths. I am grateful for sleeping family members. Every mother needs a little quiet now and then. It is as if our brains need the radio stations (children, husbands, phones, etc.) turned off for a while to refocus. Anyhow, I guess it donned on me how many things we take for granted as I was putting a belligerent 2 year old to bed. I was trying to side track him by saying all the things we are thankful for. I could go on and on. He didn't not seem to be thankful for going to bed. I was thankful for him for him going to bed. Anyhow, I hope everyone has a wonderful day and stops to ponder all that we have been given. Gratitude is an incredibly satisfying tool. It reminds us we are never ever alone. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We missed you today! We also hope that Mackenzie has an awesome birthday!!